Wednesday 23 February 2011

Fifty and very fabulous indeed!

So far this year we have celebrated many birthdays, there seems to be a tray of buns and cream cakes everywhere you look, which does not help with most peoples New Years resolution to lose weight! In and amongst these birthday celebrations we have had three of our Sidhil ladies turn 50, clocking up a staggering 150 years between them!

So I asked them how they feel about being half a century. Fifty and fabulous or fifty and frumpy?

Lynn Robinson our eternally optimistic Customer Service Manager puts her positive spin on being nifty at fifty!

Q: What is it like being 50 in 2011?

A: The best! In this day and age 50 is 
definitely the new 40!



Q: What are the pros of being 50?

A: Confidence, self awareness, worldly 
wise, happy with my lot.



Q: What are the cons of being 50?

A: There aren't any because you have the
 confidence to ignore them and look at the positives!



Q: How old do you feel?

A: In the head 30, looking at the body 30
something!

Q: What is here to look forward to?

A: Another 50 years. Based on my past
 experience there's a lot to look forward to.

Julie Law our cool and collected Contract Account Manager explains how the number 50 means nothing to her!

Q: What is it like being 50 in 2011?

A: You don't have to behave or look like a 50yr old was expected to 30/40 years ago. Less formal as to where you shop than years ago, can do any activities you choose. Unfortunately, think I will have to work till I’m 70!!

Q: What are the pros of being 50?

A: No longer bothered about diets and how much exercise I should be doing.... been there, done that and worried about it... Can’t be bothered any more!

Q: What are the cons of being 50?

A: Spotting that Saga adverts apply to me now! Seeing adverts for 50 something clothing on the TV and thinking I wouldn't wear that! The 14year olds they use in adverts for wrinkle creams, cosmetics etc. Not having fitted in enough 'life' yet.

Q: How old do you feel?

A: Same as did in early 30s, don’t feel older, still swim, no aches or pains, not seizing up yet. Just the old wrinkles staring back in the mirror. Cannot relate to the number ‘50’ – it doesn’t mean anything to me.

Q: What is here to look forward to?

A: Dribbling?!!

Kim Gallagher our Territory Sales Manager explains how in her head she definitely feels 30 but her aching bones tell a different tale!

Q: What is it like being 50 in 2011?

A: Could have been worse I could have been 50 in 2001 which would now make me 60!! Could have been better could be 50 in 2021 which would make me currently 40!!

Q: What are the pros of being 50?

A: I have accrued a fabulous family and fantastic friends. My daughter and friends under 30 still happy to take me out on the town, quite often leave me there but thus far I have managed to find my way home.

Q: What are the cons of being 50?

A: Although I have learnt a lot over the years I can't remember what so not much use to me now. Have to work twice as hard at not looking or behaving your age but too tired to do so. Have to buy wrinkle cream for the over 50's!!

Q: How old do I feel?

A: On a good day 20! Ok maybe 30 on a bad day 70 - it's the knees you know!!

Q: What is there to look forward to?

A: Grey hair, wrinkles, weight gain (more) oh yes and only another 10 years until I can have a bus pass.


So the saying is true... You are only as old as you feel. Happy birthday ladies.



No comments: